We recommend the following equipment and supplies to start seeds indoors. This equipment will last you years to come and we encourage using recycled materials where possible.
- Metal or plastic rack, strong enough to hold your trays and lights
- Florescent light rack & bulbs (cool and warm preferably or "daylight"
- Seed starting mix, preferably organic
- Containers like reusable cell packs (use recycled container like yogurt or coffee cups; be sure to poke drainage holes)
- Cut old plastic blinds into labels
- Trays (reuse Styrofoam meat/fish trays to catch water)